Wednesday, August 24, 2011

lightning + nail polish

Say hello to Lightning! He's a mixed dog we got Sunday night! I know this picture is in the bathroom, and it's because 1) He would start crying and barking if you left him alone, 2) I had to brush my teeth, and 3) It was like 12AM and there's no light at that hour. He's really troublesome though so my mom called the lady who gave us to him and she said she would find a new owner. He has his sweet moments but my family and I were looking for a much smaller dog so that he could get along with Spanky. 

The polishes I currently have on my nails. Essie and Love & Beauty (from Forever21) are my favorite nail polish brands. I have yet to try OPI polishes, mostly because I haven't seen a lot of colors that are appealing to me except for the OPI Chapel of Love. Sally Hansen Nail Growth Miracle in 'Clear', Love & Beauty in 'Gold', and Essie in 'Mint Candy Apple', the color I've been lusting after!
My nails currently. Ever since I saw a post about asymmetric nails on the MTV blog, I've painted my nails with my index finger a different color. After reading about people struggling with getting glitter nail polish off their nails, I stayed away from glitter polishes but I saw a photo of asymmetric nails that had a gold index fingers and a metallic blue on the other fingers and I was hooked. I have a nudish color from Sinful Colors but it didn't cut it so when I saw this gold polish at Forever21 a couple months back, I had to have it. When I applied it,  I realized I was going to have a lot of trouble getting it off but surprisingly,  it came off easily with the nail polish remover and didn't chip! If you're looking for a new nail style, asymmetric is the way to go!

A side note, I'm going to Hurricane Harbor (the Six Flags Water Park) and I would love to take pictures but I would probably drop the camera in the pool. Le sigh. 

What's your favorite nail polish?




No comments:

Post a Comment